FOR YOUR STOREHOUSE OF KNOWLEDGE
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses.
- No one in Greece has memorized all 158 verses.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
- There are more chickens than people in the world. (hehe...)
- Two-thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is
- On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the
Parliament Building is a Red Ensign.
- All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are
stuck on 4:20.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange,
silver or purple.
- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the
- All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln
Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
- Almonds are a member of the peach family.
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in
"-dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
- Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora
la Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula"-and can be
abbreviated to 3.63% of its size: "L.A."
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
- Tigers have stripped skin, not just stripped fur.
- In most advertisements, including newspapers, the time
displayed on a watch is 10:10.
- Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
- The only real person to be a Pez head was Betsy Ross.
- When the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers play football at
home, the stadium becomes the state's third largest city.
- The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named
after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "Its A Wonderful
- A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
- A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
- On an American one-dollar bill, there is an owl in the upper
left-hand corner of the "1" encased in the "shield"
and a spider hidden in the front upper right- hand corner.
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
- Who's that playing the piano on the "Mad About You"
theme? Paul Reiser himself.
- In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
- The name for Oz in the "Wizard of Oz" was thought up
when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet
and saw A-N, and O-Z, hence "Oz."
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a
radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister.
- John Lennon's first girlfriend was named Thelma Pickles.
- The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
- There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
- "Stewardesses" is the longest word that is typed
with only the left hand.
to our Humour Index Page