THE neighbouring estate of
Lix, a nine-merk land, lying on the south side of the Dochart, and
comprising Wester, Middle, and Easter Lix, was owned by the same lairds, who
had Craignavie in 1573 and 1643. Like the latter, it was acquired by the
Drummonds, and in 1745, it belonged to Lord John Drummond, the only brother
of the Duke of Perth. He fought at Culloden, where he was slightly wounded.
He escaped to France, and died there in 1747. Lix—which was forfeited and
annexed to the Crown—was afterwards acquired by John, third Earl of
Breadalbane, from the Commissioners of the annexed estates, in excambion for
certain lands in Strathearn.