Sales Tips and Articles
Franklin's Thirteen Subjects
TEMPERENCE : Eat not to dullness; drink not to
2. SILENCE : Speak not but what may benefit others
or yourself. Avoid trifling conversation.
3. ORDER : Let all your things have their places.
Let each part of your business have its time.
4. RESOLUTION : Resolve to perform what you ought,
perform without fail what you resolve.
5. FRUGALITY : Make to expense but to do good to
others or yourself ie waste nothing.
6. INDUSTRY : Lose no time; be always employed in
7. SINCERITY : Use no hurtfull deceit; think
innocently and justly and if you speak, speak
8. JUSTICE : Wrong none by doing injuries, or
omitting the benefits that are your duty.
9. MODERATION : Avoid extremes, forbear resenting
injuries so much as you think they deserve.
10. CLEANLINESS : Tolerate no uncleanliness in
body, clothes or habitation.
11. TRANQUILITY : Be not disturbed at trifles, or
at accidents common or unavoidable.
12. CHASTITY : Rarely use venery but for health or
offspring. Never to dullness, weakness, or the
injury of your own or anothers peace or
13. HUMILITY : Imitate Jesus and Socrates.
Note: Franklin concentrated on each subject for a
week at a time striving to get better at each.
After the thirteenth week he would start again at